I really believe in the work Centrepoint
are doing to support young people in their escape from poverty and the homelessness trap. Centrepoint
are there with these young people on every step of their journey, helping them become self-sufficient.
So to highlight the work of Centrepoint, I am taking up a challenge this year; to make a personal journey of self-sufficiency and endurance and to over-come the difficulties this will present. Obviously I'm also hoping to have a nice time too, so my plan is to cycle:
- 200km event (~ 125 miles) in under 14 hours.
- 300km event (~ 188 miles) in under 21 hours.
- 400km event (~ 250 miles) in under 28 hours.
- 600km event (~375 miles) in under 40 hours.
- 1000km event (~ 625 miles) in under 75 hours.
This is why I'm asking my friends and family to make a donation; to support the fight for freedom from the traps of homelessness.
So far so good... I've completed the 200km event
. Next up, 29th March... 300km. Please make a donation to keep me encouraged in the long dark hours of the night.
Labels: centrepoint, charity, endurance, homeless, self-sufficiency