Carradice Camper vs Carradice Barley

This isn't really a death-match or anything; I've been using my Carradice Barley since 2009 when I paired it with an Ortlieb Ultimate handlebar bag for a lightweight LEJOG. However, I recently treated myself to a Carradice Camper Longflap for a tour of Scotland I'm planning in March.


The Barley is a nice compact 9L saddlebag, I've packed spare cycling clothes, spare trousers, a lightweight fleece and t-shirts into it before. Mainly I use it now for Audax rides and I'm a bit lazy about packing light - I just stick what I think I might want or need.


In March, with the tour of Celtic Christian sites of interest, I'm planning to get off the bicycle occasionally and for this reason I'm going to need some shoes. The Camper's 24L capacity will help me pack my luggage and a pair of super-light fell running trainers. I thought it amusing that the Barley disappeared inside the Camper.




Labels: , , , , , , ,